Exhibition of Cyber Island, Taiwan
The Taiwan e-Learning and Digital Archives Program (TELDAP) maintains the goals established by the preceding Taiwan Digital Archives Program. The participation of various groups in the digitization project has already resulted in the considerable enhancement of digital material. However, although various cultural relics have been digitized, the contents and types of materials digitized thus far are not sufficiently diversified, and thus are not fully representative of the wide range of aspects worth appreciating in Taiwan. We have thus established the Cyber Island platform in the hope of collecting more digital contents from the general public. The contents of materials which can be digitized include Taiwan's natural environment (the flora, fauna, and ecology of the island), social movements and activities, architecture and landscape, daily life, and a variety of other topics. We hope to be able to diversify the contents of the Taiwan Digital Archives and thereby display in full the vitality of Taiwan and the multitude of aspects the island has to offer. We hope to recruit more people to join us in this digitization effort and help us create a new digital society.
Exhibition of Cyber Island, Taiwan welcomes all who love photography or who possess or create valuable artifacts and hope to share their knowledge and images with the public.
- Participants: individual collectors, photographers, and the general public
- Website platform: Cyber Island is an internet website platform in which a wide variety of smaller archival institutions, individual collectors, photographers and the general public can participate in the digitization effort. The platform stresses accessibility, equality, and freedom. The digitized material to be collected covers a wide range of items including cultural relics and historical documents, specimens, photographic works, archival collections, artistic and creative images, and photography of daily life in Taiwan.
- How to Participate:
General Users: simply register on-line and log on
Individual collectors, photographers and archival institutions should contact us.
- Project Website: http://cyberisland.teldap.tw
- The Program holds a variety of photography competitions, photo exhibitions, and other events on an irregular basis. Announcements of these activities will be made on the above website.
- Intellectual Property Rights: The Declaration of Intellectual Property Rights of Cyber Island follows the agreements and terms detailed in the "Creative Commons Taiwan" Legal Code.
|Heaven Crown Silver Headgear-
Nine Dragon Gold Armor
|Kuo-Chih Chang-Woman Born in Kinmen,1949|
|Wu's Dough Sculpting Shop-The Taoist Eight Immortals-Han Xiang Zi||Chi-Yuan Peng- Dongshih Area Aerial Shot||Cheng-Feng Yang- Formosa Series|