Industrial Development & Promotion of Digital Archives and e-Learning Project
The main objectives of the Industrial Development and Promotion of Digital Archives and e-Learning Project are to elevate the core abilities of the digital archives and e-learning industries, create innovative models of e-learning, service and management, increase market demands with sufficient rewards and incentives, cooperate with the business enterprises to develop e-learning applications, improve the efficiency of existing e-leaning applications and promote e-learning based on the requirements of relevant industries. The key tasks are described below:
- To maximize the value of the academic-industrial collaboration by taking advantage of Taiwan’s first-rate academic research in e-learning and the mature level of relevant industries in capacity and production. This project seeks ways of building prototypes based on academic research and helps relevant industries transform academic knowledge into commercial products.
- To increase value added applications by adapting emerging technologies and vehicles (such as mobile communications, game-based learning and flexible electronics) as well as emerging business models of e-learning contents and services.
- To strengthen e-learning industry (including vehicles, marketing channels and publishing) and create various new markets and business opportunities by assisting publishers, carrier companies and e-learning enterprises in cooperation with or via integration of heterogeneous businesses.
- To help transform cram schools, which have developed into a large industry and an important part of Taiwan’s education system, with e-learning technologies, extend the application range of e-learning, improve learning efficiency and increase business opportunities for digital industries
- To raise the professionalism of Taiwan’s e-learning industries by recruiting professional lecturers and consultants from abroad, and encourage international exchange and global marketing, to keep abreast with the development and latest trends of the e-learning industry in the global market, in the hope that it will lead to the upgrade of Taiwan’s digital archives and e-learning industries, and also help improve the competence of other related industries.
The Organizational Framework of Industrial Development and Promotion of Digital Archives and e-Learning Project