Digital Education & e-Learning Project
The objective of the Digital Education and e-Learning Project is to expand the application of e-learning in formal education and lifelong learning so that talent and human resources can be effectively nurtured and utilized, raising the quality and skill level of Taiwan's human resources. A complete e-learning application chain from primary and junior high, to high schools (including vocational high schools) colleges and to continuing education is planned. It includes four sub-projects: Digital Education and e-Learning Project of the Ministry of Education, National-wide Labor Education Learning Network, Sub-plan of e-Learning for Public Servants, and e-Learning for Art and Culture Project. The missions are as follows:
- Integrating the e-learning resources with the results of TELDAP, encouraging and assisting primary and junior high school teachers to use archive resources, transforming them into Grade 1-9 Curriculum framework learning objects and courses, and promoting the use of information technology in teaching.
- Providing e-learning materials for senior high schools and vocational schools in 22 subjects, and increasing the use of information technology in teaching.
- Developing high quality models for e-learning courses for general education in colleges and universities, introducing the developed model and results to college and university e-learning implementation and application, and encouraging colleges and universities to adopt e-learning in training.
- Training of teachers at various levels to help them apply the results of TELDAP in teaching, and promoting the development of e-learning in formal education and lifelong learning in Taiwan.
- Combining existing digital contents and platforms to develop lifelong learning materials for labor and a test database for skill certification examinations, and thus stimulating diversified e-learning by people who are on the job or seeking employment.
- Combining related resources to create a first-rate learning environment, improving the effectiveness of civil servant e-learning and gradually increasing the proportion of e-learning to at least 20% of civil servants’ study time each year.
- Promoting an art and culture learning portal and e-learning material database of art and culture, and establishing websites and communities of national culture, art and creativity learning information.
The Organizational Framework of Digital Education and e-Learning Project
|Digital Education and e-Learning Project of the Ministry of Education||National-wide Labor Education Learning Network|
|Sub-plan of e-Learning for Public Servants|
|e-Learning for Art and Culture Project|